1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 2 - Who is interested?

Discussion in 'Fantasy EHP' started by Randalicious, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Randalicious

Randalicious
    Clan Leader Staff Member Clan Leader Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

This thread is to get some numbers of people who are interested in running a team in Fantasy EHP Season 2. It will be ran quite similarly to season 1 with just a few changes. Gingbino is the commissioner and there is no set date yet for the draft however it will not be until 2017.

Post on this thread if you would like to own a team in Season 2 of Fantasy EHP.

2. Karmaa

Karmaa
    Lieutenant Lieutenant

ye

Randalicious likes this.
  3. Gingbino

Gingbino
    Administrator Staff Member Administrator

True Gender:
    boy
    May as well post some of my proposed changes that I'd like to happen if I am to be commissioner.

The main one is the removal of weekly team changes in favour of a second draft taking place in the middle of the season. In the first season managers were able to chop and change their team each week, picking up and dropping members pretty constantly. I feel like this encouraged more opportunistic practices and removed a lot of the incentive to draft in the long term. The week-by-week starting team changes would remain the same (for example, you have 11 on your team and you pick 7 of them every week and can change which seven you want each week) but you, as a manager, would no longer be able to just grab someone playing a lot for a week and then just drop them the next with no consequences. It would work kinda like this:

Say there are 9 teams signed up.
    Initial draft.
    Weeks 1-4 matches.
    Week 5 free agent pick up week
    Weeks 6-9 matches
    Playoffs.

Any user dropped for the midseason draft would enter the available player pool for other managers to pick up. The whole idea of the midseason draft is that the managers retain their full team, but have the option to drop a number of members and pick up some to replace them. For example: if I had a team of 11 but felt like two of them were not pulling their weight then I would drop those two members before the midseason draft and they would enter the available player pool. Then I would draft two users during the midseason draft in order to replace them. The idea isn't to have people completely redo their teams, just to provide an opportunity in the middle of the season to shore up weaknesses.

I'd still like to allow constant trades between managers every week to provide some sort of out for bad picks, but nothing overpowered.

I'd also like to keep with EHP gained being unscaled. It creates a certain degree of strategy that can be employed and means that it's not just a competition to see who can play the most.

Questions/criticisms are welcome.

also no plans on personally managing a team

QtTheFox, Oslo and Randalicious like this.
  4. Vires

Vires

Im really interested and would like to play but I am not in hexis. Is it still possible for me to join?

5. Randalicious

Randalicious
    Clan Leader Staff Member Clan Leader Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

no sorry

Matz likes this.
  6. Axylix

Axylix
    Well-Known Member Donator

commissioner ging? count me in (if smiley's are welcome)

Randalicious likes this.
  7. Vegeta

Vegeta
    Saiyan Recruit

Sup

Randalicious likes this.
  8. Ace2cool

Ace2cool
    Corporal Corporal

Im down

Randalicious likes this.